- This event has passed.
The Gift of VUCA or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying & Love Chaos (LIVESTREAM)
February 23, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
| TIGER Talk
Please register by 10 pm on Tue Feb 22.
At 11 pm, we’ll email you a Zoom link to access the LIVESTREAM the next day.
What’s VUCA? Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, and Ambiguity.
Please join Mark McGrath for this TIGER Talk, in which he will help us learn to improve our capacity for independent action, while facing challenges resulting from VUCA.
Specifically, Mark will lead us to define and understand:
- the nature of VUCA, in order to embrace it
- the concept of Orientation, its function, and how it shapes observations, decisions, actions, and learning
- the concept of Intent, in order to harmonize actions and create value for all involved
We’ll also have opportunity for Q&A, discussion of additional learning resources, etc.
A quick bio on Mark McGrath, in his own words:
- I was sent into the world to help individuals and teams thrive in chaos!
- I do this by sharing my cross-functional experience and education in the areas of strategic planning, decision-making, process improvement, capital markets, and training/coaching.
- I’m a former Captain in the United States Marine Corps and spent almost twenty years in the professional world of asset management.
- I graduated from Marquette University with a Bachelor’s degree in History, and from the University of Detroit-Mercy with a Master’s in Economics.
- I live in Columbus with my wife Erika and our four teenagers.
Like all TIGER Events, this one is FREE.
11:45 am – Join via Zoom, introduce yourself & socialize
12:00 pm – Hand-off to Mark
1:00 pm – Wrap
This event has passed so registration is closed.
Expert Office Hours
Your Questions • Our Experts
Fridays, 8:30-11:30 am
|February 3||August 4|
|April 7||October 6|
|June 2||December 7
Subscribe to Our Updates!
Why New Albany?
As a community created by innovators for innovators, New Albany offers a robust ecosystem that leverages entrepreneurship, business connectivity, public-private partnerships and quality of life to inspire creativity and accelerate commerce.