Serial Entrepreneur Launches Crowd Funding Platform
Who better to create a crowd-funding platform exclusively focused on startups than a serial entrepreneur. Internet veteran and entrepreneur Wil Schroter who has launched several successful startups is leveraging his professional experience to create Fundable to help startups raise rewards-based and equity-based funding.
How does it work?
- Startups submit an application to join Fundable
- If approved by a team of advisors, the startup builds a profile, including its fundraising goals and the rewards or return for potential backers
- Startups reach out to their personal networks and the broader Fundable community to enlist support and funding
- Backers make cash pledges starting at $1 and can also offer personal assistance to help get the startup off the ground
- The startup must meet or exceed its goals before money is collected from backers
Schroter, Founder and CEO of Fundable merged his first company Blue Diesel to become inChord, a healthcare marketing firm that eventually grew to over $650 million in billings and was sold to inVentiv Health. He then launched Virtucon Ventures, an early stage incubator that in turn launched Swapalease.com, Go BIG Network, Bizplan.com, GotCast.com, Affordit.com, Unsubscribe.com and Fundable.
Expert Office Hours
Your Questions • Our Experts
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
|Thu Dec 7
|Fri Feb 2
|Fri Apr 5
|Fri Jun 7
|Fri Aug 2
|Fri Oct 4
|Thu Dec 5
Register 2-3 weeks in advance
Subscribe to Our Updates!
Why New Albany?
As a community created by innovators for innovators, New Albany offers a robust ecosystem that leverages entrepreneurship, business connectivity, public-private partnerships and quality of life to inspire creativity and accelerate commerce.