Mobile Marketing Strategies for Small Business Owners
Sonya Ramsey, owner of MoDigital, presented, “Mobile Marketing Strategies for Small Business Owners” at the Dublin Entrepreneurial Center on April 9. Her presentation focused on how small businesses can implement mobile marketing; and the features of responsive websites, mobile websites and mobile apps.
When small businesses use mobile marketing, they can compete with larger corporations. It ensures a strong relationship with future and potential customers.
Sonya provided interesting user statistics, such as how 62% of people open all their email on a mobile device, and 80% use their phones while watching TV. This change in user behavior presents opportunities for small business owners.
Sonya gave the group eight reasons why they should not ignore mobile. They are:
- “Mobilegeddon.” Google will begin ranking websites differently starting April 21. They will indicate whether or not your site is mobile friendly, and will rank it more favorably if it is.
- Customer engagement. Your customers are mobile and engaging with you earlier than you think.
- Smartphones are your customers’ key partners. Smartphones help them with their daily lives, such as making decisions, getting directions, and tracking finances, nutrition and exercise.
- You’re missing out on customer relations and future business if you’re not mobile friendly. Customers won’t pinch and pull to view your site. They will go elsewhere.
- Mobile searches want instant gratification and they take action. They may click to call, make reservations or a purchase, or send an email.
- 43% of mobile searches use local keywords. Customers shop online but also like to buy locally and support small businesses.
- Action takers read emails on their phone. Be sure your email marketing is mobile.
- Mobile marketing has great conversion rates. It tracks your return on investment, enhances your customer relations and grows your business.
Sonya discussed the differences between responsive websites, mobile websites and mobile apps, and tips for determining the type of site your business needs.
Responsive websites automatically adjust to the size of the device’s screen. Links remain in tact, but the site may take longer to load.
Mobile websites are designed specifically for mobile devices, and are fast to load and easy to read. These are the sites that Google will favor beginning April 21.
Mobile apps provide a robust user experience with interactive features and unlimited access to hardware functionality. They are downloaded and installed from a website or marketplace, then reside on your device and can be used offline.
Sonya ended her presentation with her favorite productivity apps and where to learn more about mobile friendly guidelines for your site.
For more information about mobile marketing, responsive and mobile websites, or application development for your business, contact Sonya Ramsey at email@example.com, or visit her website at www.modigitale.com.
Expert Office Hours
Your Questions • Our Experts
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
|Thu Dec 7
|Fri Feb 2
|Fri Apr 5
|Fri Jun 7
|Fri Aug 2
|Fri Oct 4
|Thu Dec 5
Register 2-3 weeks in advance
Subscribe to Our Updates!
Why New Albany?
As a community created by innovators for innovators, New Albany offers a robust ecosystem that leverages entrepreneurship, business connectivity, public-private partnerships and quality of life to inspire creativity and accelerate commerce.