- This event has passed.
Expert Office Hours: June 5, 2020
June 5, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
| Expert Office Hours
Need business advice? Meet 1:1 with the specific experts you need – NOW 100% VIRTUAL!
Innovate New Albany created Expert Office Hours to make it easy for business owners & aspiring entrepreneurs to get the answers they need.
On Friday June 5, Expert Office Hours will again be 100% Virtual!
1. Review our roster of TEN Experts, below
2. Click on the MAKE APPOINTMENTS NOW link, below
3. Make individual appointments w/ the experts you need – just one – or up to six
4. Thu June 4: receive an email showing all your appointments – w/ a Zoom link (or a call-in phone number) for each appointment
5. Fri June 5: at the time of each appointment, click on the Zoom link, or call the phone number, to virtually meet w/ your selected expert
1. For most of you, a personal computer will be the best means to access your expert meetings; no need to download software.
2. Got questions? Please email Neil Collins at “neil@InnovateNewAlbany.org”.
We appreciate our Experts for investing their time to help – during this time when business people have more questions than ever!
Schedule your 30-minute session(s) below:
Noor Bahhur | Porter Wright
Law – Intellectual Property
An associate in Porter Wright’s Corporate Department, Noor Bahhur focuses her practice on intellectual property, privacy, and data security. Noor has experience assisting with a variety of trademark and copyright matters. Her work included the clearance, selection and adaption of trademarks in both domestic and international contexts. Additionally, Noor has helped with copyright matters for architectural drawings and designs and software disputes.
Great questions for Noor:
- What is the value of securing registrations for patents, trademarks, or copyright?
- How can I best protect my own or my business’s intellectual property on a limited budget?
- Do I own intellectual property rights for things I created while employed by another person/company?
Ryan Steele | Porter Wright
Startup & Emerging Business Law
At Porter Wright, Ryan Steele helps early stage entrepreneurs choose optimal business structures and complete the documentation needed to establish their business foundation, grow and expand, and ultimately exit on their own favorable terms.
Ryan also handles corporate contractual matters to bring mergers, acquisitions, financing, startup operations, and other general business transactions to fruition. Combining business operations knowledge with legal acumen, Ryan efficiently executes complex business contracts so that rapidly growing companies, business owners and early stage entrepreneurs can cost-effectively achieve their growth goals.
Ryan also brings great business savvy to his client relationships. Having managed an office of over 100 people, Ryan can apply his first-hand knowledge of everyday business functions including project management, employee management, and independent contracting, providing practical counsel to fast-growing entities so they can overcome challenges and achieve their business goals.
Great questions for Ryan:
- Incorporating Your New Business – What forms are possible and the pros/cons of each
- Capital Tables – How to structure company ownership to ensure achieving my long term goals?
- Business Operating Agreements – What are these and when does my business need one?
- Liability – How do I protect myself and my business?
- Written Contracts – When and why should my business use them?
- Regulation & Red Tape – What docs must I file to comply with laws/rules for my industry?
Miglena Kotevski | Huntington National Bank
Financing for Early Stage Businesses
Miglena Kotevski is a Business Banking Development Officer Sr/Vice President with the Huntington Business Banking Team in Central Ohio. She has 14 years of experience in banking (all with Huntington), 12 of them working with business clients of different industries and revenue size. Miglena loves assisting Huntington clients with starting their own businesses, growing existing businesses, and going through all stages of a business lifecycle. She works closely with the Huntington Retail banking offices in New Albany, Gahanna, and the surrounding areas to ensure that her clients are being assisted with all their banking/finance needs.
Great questions for Miglena:
- How should I finance a start-up?
- What kind of financing can I obtain to grow my business?
- What do I need to buy a building or to purchase an existing business?
- What kind of bank accounts does Huntington offer on the business banking side?
- How the bank can help a business with day-to-day operations?
Brad Griffith | Buckeye Interactive
Web Strategy & Engineering
Brad Griffith is President of Buckeye Interactive, the web strategy and engineering agency he started in 2009. Prior to starting Buckeye Interactive, Brad spent several years consulting and developing web applications in-house for a variety of companies including JPMorgan Chase, QUALCOMM, and the Go Big Network. Brad earned his Masters in Business Administration after completing his Bachelor’s in Electrical and Computer Engineering with honors, both at The Ohio State University. He has more than 20 years of web development experience and has worked from coast to coast with small and large companies, educational institutions, non-profit organizations and government agencies to build innovative web solutions.
Great questions for Brad:
- What is the best way to get my website started?
- How do I start planning an application for my business?
- How can I improve my site for better SEO?
- What different ways can I start building my company’s brand?
- How can I refresh or redesign my website?
Brian Laliberte | Oak Moon Consulting
Big Picture Strategic Advice
Brian Laliberte is a big thinker who knows how to execute. He provides rational and clear-headed analysis and direct advice designed to build and grow highly competitive, valuable, and sustainable companies. Brian and his team collaborate with their clients to define their objectives, design a plan, and help them execute it. His firm is industry agnostic and driven by a natural curiosity that allows it to approach each client and problem with open and agile minds.
Brian is the Founder and Managing Director of Oak Moon Consulting. Before he founded Oak Moon, Brian practiced law for more than 20-years in Columbus, Ohio as a trial lawyer, litigator, and counselor to businesses of all sizes. He uses this background to help portfolio companies navigate complex legal issues and build highly investable and sustainable firms.
Great questions for Brian:
- Here is our strategy. Tell us what you think. Have we chosen the right one?
- What are we doing right? What can we do better?
- Where do we go from here (wherever here is at present)?
- How do we get there?
- What aren’t we considering in pursuing our strategy?
Ann Martin | Book+Street
Cash Flow Forecasting & Financial Modeling
Ann Martin joined Book+Street in April 2019 and has provided strategic financial services to multiple early stage companies as their contract Chief Financial Officer. Ask her for support in creating financial models, forecasting cash flow, and if stock options are right for you or your employees.
Prior to joining Book+Street, Ann served as Vice President, Operations for Citi Securities Services and Issuer Services Operations where she managed a team of professionals responsible for the division’s annual budget planning, monthly forecasting, headcount planning and tracking, productivity tracking and cost recovery. She provided guidance and recommendations to senior management if productivity and financials went off track. She was also responsible for managing the technology financial plan, partnering with technology and product organizations to develop a strategic prioritization of the annual spend. She also has experience delivering key insights and financial models for strategic M&A transactions.
Ann has more than 25 years of experience in finance, accounting and administration with a strong focus on financial measurement, risk and compliance, and continuous improvement. Her diverse experience includes strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, financial modeling, vendor negotiations, contract administration and leading global, multi-functional project teams. She has an established track record of improving business performance with strategic financial modeling and analysis.
Great questions for Ann:
- How do I know if I’ll have enough money to pay my bills/payroll next week/month/quarter/year?
- How do I develop a revenue forecast?
- What type of financial information do potential investors expect when considering an investment?
- Do I need to give my employees equity?
Manny Larcher | Stopwatch Creative
Growth Marketing & Branding
Manny Larcher is owner of Stopwatch Creative. Manny enjoys helping others find purpose in their work. He’s had the opportunity to work with highly respected brands, as well as amazing mentors, to hone in and develop skills in brand management and business development.
Manny’s firm, Stopwatch Creative, is an agency that specializes in Branding, Strategy, Product Launch, and Growth Marketing. The services offered by Stopwatch include: Brand Identity Design, Animation, Video, Illustration, Ad Design & Management, SEO, Customer Acquisition, Crowdfunding, and Post-Campaign Analytics.
Great questions for Manny:
- How do I create a marketing plan for my business?
- How can I build a compelling brand identity, including logo, other brand assets, color scheme, etc.?
- What technology will you use to promote my brand?
Susan Fortner | Bowers PR
Public Relations & Marketing
Susan Fortner has 20+ years of experience in public relations and marketing. She opened her own public relations firm with a partner firm in Cleveland. Bowers PR manages accounts throughout the country specializing in health care, talent, banking, and packaged and soft goods. In addition the firm is recognized as a broker/partner with QVC, HSN, and Evine shopping networks.
Fortner has won awards and sits on the accreditation board to advance candidates in the Accreditation in Public Relations process. In 2013 Susan received special honors for her work in crisis management.
Great questions for Susan:
- How can I promote my company on a limited budget?
- How do I set Marketing & PR budgets that are sufficient to drive results?
- What simple steps can I take to improve my social media visibility rapidly?
- Which charities, like-minded businesses, and complementary companies should I partner with?
- How do I create and execute events that will differentiate my business in a crowded market?
Satish Albert | E2 Infosystems
Transforming Businesses with Software Engineering
Satish Albert offers the unique combination of enterprise technology development expertise and the practical entrepreneurial experience after bootstrapping a successful SaaS startup. After year’s leading development teams at premier technology companies like Lucent Technologies, Precipia Networks and Docomo Intertouch, Satish started E2Infosystems to partner with companies to engineer software solutions and implement best practices that achieve their objectives and transform their businesses.
Great questions for Satish:
- How do I move from an idea to start building my MVP?
- I am looking to hire a developer to join my team. What should I look for and what should I expect to pay?
- How do I evaluate the scalability of my current software product?
Kevin Hammond | Ohio SBDC
Business Management Advice
Kevin Hammond has been a business management consultant for 13 years, mostly focused on small businesses and start-ups. Kevin has been on the SBDC team for almost ten years as a consultant. Prior to consulting, Kevin was in financial services at Chase Manhattan. Kevin has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration from Ohio Dominican University and an MBA from Capital University.
The Ohio SBDC is part of America’s SBDC national network comprised of over 1000 Centers across the U.S. including 28 in Ohio. The Ohio SBDC Network provides one-on-one advising, by Certified Business Advisors, at no cost and conduct no or low cost business training.
Great questions for Kevin:
- I have a business idea. What is my next step?
- How do I market my services and products?
- How can I take my business to the next level?
- How and where can I get money for my business?
- How do I keep track of my financial records and assure I’m tax compliant?
*Please note that if you register and don’t attend, your time slot will go unfilled, preventing other entrepreneurs from getting the expert advice they need. If you register, but later find that you cannot keep your appointment, please email Neil Collins at email@example.com.
Choose your Expert from the dropdown menu below and click on the event date to schedule your Expert Office Hours Appointment.
Expert Office Hours
Meet with our Experts to get answers to your difficult business questions.
Apr 9 / May 21 / Jun 25
Aug 13 / Oct 1 / Dec 3
Fridays, 8:30-11:30 am
Subscribe to Our Updates!
Why New Albany?
As a community created by innovators for innovators, New Albany offers a robust ecosystem that leverages entrepreneurship, business connectivity, public-private partnerships and quality of life to inspire creativity and accelerate commerce.